Finding your ring size can be fairly simple. However, OrthodoxRings.com advises you to take a few extra minutes to make sure that you have got it right. The three most common ways of finding your ring size (besides using an actual ring sizer... see above) are: 1) measuring
2) using a finger size strip 3) using a ring sizer chart. We recommend utilizing all three, as a way to ensure the best fit possible. After you figure out the size you need, don't forget to come back and look at our rings here or click one of the links on the left!
1) MEASURING - First, find a piece of string or strip of paper no wider than 1/2". Second, wrap it around the base of the appropriate finger. Third, use a pen to mark the point on the string/paper where it overlaps, forming a complete circle. Finally, with a ruler, measure the length from the starting end of the string/paper to the pen mark. Use this circumference measurement and the chart, labeled "International Ring Size Chart," at the very bottom of this page, to determine your ring size.
2) USING A FINGER SIZE STRIP - An easy way to find the desired ring size is to print and cut out the diagram in the "Printable Ring Size Guide" below. Please make sure that your printer is set to 100%. Also, be sure that you have not reduced the print size in your printer 'page setup' area. You can verify that the ring sizer is printed correctly by measuring it with a ruler. The distance between the two lines must be 3 1/2 inches long, as shown. Continue to follow the directions on the print out.
3) USING THE RING SIZER CHART - In order to determine your ring size, find a ring that fits the finger that you are buying the ring for. Place your ring over the nearest size circle. The inner edge of the ring should align with the outer edge of the circle. If your ring appears to fit between two sizes, buy the larger size. If your ring appears to be just slightly bigger than a particular size, buy a half size larger. Again, please make sure that your printer is set to 100%. Also, be sure that you have not reduced the print size in your printer 'page setup' area. You can verify that the ring size chart printed correctly by measuring it with a ruler as shown. The diameters of the circles should be the distances listed. Also, you may just measure the inside diameter of the ring that fit the correct finger and compare with the diameter measurements of this chart. Half size, and more detailed measurements can be found on the "International Ring Size Chart" below. Remember to always measure the inside of the ring.
Helpful Tips to Keep in Mind!
1. When measuring, remember that each finger could have a different size, so don't presume that a ring that fits your left ring finger will also fit your right ring finger.
2. Don't measure cold fingers. This is when fingers are their smallest. For the most accurate reading, measure at the end of the day when the finger is the largest.
3. Make sure that the measurement you choose easily fits over your knuckle.
4. If ever in doubt between two sizes, choose the larger of the two, by a half size.
5. When buying the ring as a surprise, ask their mother, sister, or friends if they know the finger size. If not, borrow one of their rings (make sure they wear it on the same finger). If you don't have a Ring Sizer Chart, slide it down a tapered candle until it stops, without forcing it. Make a groove in the candle on the fat end, just above the ring. Then take the ring off and measure the candle around the grooved area, just like you would measure a finger.
Request a Free Ring Sizer
Receive special offers and gift ideas from OrthodoxRings.com.
We will send, on average, no more than one email a month.
Click to see an enlarged image.
To view and print in pdf format, click here.
How did you hear about us?
We truly appreciate all feedback from visitors regarding our website or products. Thank you.
If you would like a reply, please provide your email address. We will not use it for any other purpose.
Printable Ring Size Guide
OrthodoxRings.com realizes that you may not know the ring size for a given finger, and we want to help. We provide a printable ring sizer that can help you determine your ring size. Prior to printing, ensure that page scaling is set to "none" on your print dialog box and that you are using 8.5" x 11" paper.
Order Online 24 Hours a Day, 7 Days a Week, 365 Days a Year!
© Copyright 2016 OrthodoxRings.com. All rights reserved.
All of our rings are MADE IN THE USA!
Do you have an idea for our next ring design?
We only ship to locations within the USA